Skinfood Avocado & Sugar Lip Scrub Review

What: Skinfood Avocado & Sugar Lip Scrub 14g
Price: 5,900 KRW
Today, I'm gonna review this adorable lip scrub from Skinfood. This is included in my Althea Superfood Box.

About Skinfood

I am not familiar with the Skinfood brand but apparently, they believe that nutritious food yields healthy, beautiful skin. That's true but Skinfood takes it further by making all their products food-based (think ingredients like black sugar, berries, honey and salmon, etc). They use sustainably grown ingredients too so that's another plus in my book. Skinfood has several branches in the Philippines (list) but they currently don't have any stores near me. *sigh*


Packaging


The avocado scrub came in this simple pink plastic wrapper. The manufacture date (제조) is written on the front and as you can see, the scrub I got is made on October 19, 2016. I assume 2019 is the expiry date. Of course, keep in mind that the expiry will change once the product is opened. I usually keep lip treatment products up to a year.

the back of the plastic wrapper in case you're wondering

The Avocado Scrub Itself

look at this cute avocado
It is the shape and size of a small egg but the base is flat
at the base, the brand & product name is written in hangul
the manufacturing date and expiry are also printed (sorry for the cat hairs lol)
The lip scrub is inside the 'seed' of the avocado. So cute!
I can't read the ingredients on the plastic wrapper this came with, but judging from the product name (and shape) alone, this scrub is made of avocado and sugar. I mean, obviously!

It is kinda like a paste.
Most sugar scrubs are very gritty but this avocado scrub has a very fine texture.

My Experience

screencap grabbed from Althea Skinfood box page
I followed the instructions detailed above as much as I can.


I applied as evenly as I can but the sugar bunches up when you put too much. I let it sit for a few minutes to soften dead skin cells and then I massage it all around to exfoliate. You can rinse it off with water but I prefer to just wipe off the residue with a tissue. Voila! Very soft lips achieved! Note that lips can also be over exfoliated so do this no more than 1-3 times a week!


Worth it?

Sugar scrubs can be easily DIY'ed but if you don't want to do the mix & match, this is an already-made product that really works!

This item is kinda hard to find though. I got this from Althea's Superfood box but it is currently not listed in their Althea PH website. I am not sure if Skinfood's physical stores carry this item since I don't have any near me. If you really, truly, badly want to try this, I guess it's best to check out their stores first or try online websites that sell Korean products like Jolse/Testerkorea.

That's it for this review. Hope this helped!







Check out SkinFood: FacebookWebsite
Check out my own social media: TwitterInstagram