Benefit The POREfessional Instant Wipeout Mask Review



What: Benefit The POREfessional Instant Wipeout Mask
Price: Php 1,800 for the whole box, 8 masks inside

According to the Benefit website, this mask is a superhero-strength, dual-sided face mask that cleans out AND smooths out the look of pores around your nose, forehead and chin. That's a pretty bold claim. I have quite a pore problem so let's see if this works, shall we?


Package Design

image taken from Benefit website
First off: the packaging. The Benefit The POREfessional Instant Wipeout Masks come in the silver box pictured above. Each box contains 8 masks that are individually wrapped. I got my sample from Saladbox's Best of Benefit box (click here to read) last September.
The blue button says "Press" and catches your eyes instantly
This mask is different from the usual face masks because the solution is inside this blue pod to be pressed when you are ready to use it.

Instructions

I expected a popping sound when I pressed the button but it sounded more like a hisssss, lmao. Anyway, I enjoyed squishing and smashing the pod to release all the stuff inside but... I honestly don't see the point? It was really fun but it would be more time-convenient if the mask is ready to use, don't you agree?

First Look at What's Inside

After popping the pod, it's time to peel back the corner and take the mask out.
what a uniquely-shaped mask
The Porefessional Instant Wipeout mask is essentially one long extended nose strip. I guess it makes sense because the nose and cheeks are the areas most prone to pore problems. Because of its shape, it might be tricky using this to target the pores on your chin or forehead.

This mask only has 3 ml solution inside. As you can see, it is just enough to wet the entire mask. I'm used to other masks that has lots of excess serum that they're dripping wet.  This single mask costs approximately Php 200+ so let's hope the stuff is concentrated and does not disappoint. Another thing to note is that this mask has two sides - one side has a finer texture while the other side has a rougher texture to be used as an exfoliant.

Putting it on

You are supposed to keep this on for at least 10 minutes and relax but within seconds of putting this on, my eyes were becoming irritated. I guess I put the mask too close to my eyes?

Alcohol-ish fumes were wafting to my eyes and aside from that, there is a very strong menthol sensation. It felt cool but it buuuuurns. Even if you haven't tried this item yet, I think we can agree that eyes and menthol don't mix. I was trying to take pictures to use here for my review but my eyes keep watering and were becoming red so fast. I really wanted to remove this mask but I endured. Thankfully, the menthol fumes subsided about 5 minutes in.

smiling to hide the pain hahaha (sorry Selena)
The mask wasn't that wet so there are some areas where the mask wouldn't stick to my skin. I just keep pressing it so it won't slip off. After 10 minutes, I used the rough side of the mask to wipe off the solution and remove any dead skin cells.

End Results

I put on some liquid foundation & lippie after the mask.
I wish I took closeups of my skin instead of selfies haha! The pores on my nose were still very visible up close
Hindsight is 20/20 

Final Verdict

Soooo, will I buy this in full size? No, probably not. I don't think this product worked out for me. The pores on my cheeks looks the same and the large visible pores on my nose were still there. I really hoped this item will shrink those even if it's just a little bit.  Anyway, even if this product did work, I will still hesitate buying this. I can't justify the price of Php 1,800 for only 8 masks. It is too expensive! Nevertheless, it was quite fun trying this despite getting red watery eyes!

Have you tried this particular mask?  What is your experience like? Let me know!









Check out Saladbox: FacebookTwitterWebsiteInstagram
Check out Benefit Cosmetics: FacebookTwitterWebsiteInstagram
Check me out: TwitterInstagram

Disclaimer: The featured products in this post is not sponsored in any way. Any judgment given is entirely my own honest and unbiased opinion.