Purederm Hydro Soothing Cucumber Pads Review


Purederm Hydro Soothing Cucumber Pads
Bought from Watson's: Php 89.00
I am so into face masks nowadays. Snail masks, gold masks, mud masks, etc... there is so much variety and so far every one I tried made my skin feel so soft and so smooth. I've been very good to my skin lately but I feel like I am neglecting my eyes. I work on a night shift and every night, I work long hours in front of the computer. By the time I get out, my eyes are dark and sunken from staying up all night.



Cucumber is well-known to help with puffy eyes so when I saw this at Watson's, I was immediately intrigued. Purederm claims these cucumber pads soothe tired, stressed eyes and help reduce puffiness and dark circles. Full description of the product:

"PUREDERM Hydro Soothing Cucumber Pads are pre-moistened with real cucumber and other soothing ingredients. When used on top your eyes, these cucumber pads soothe tired, stressed eyes and help reduce puffiness and dark circles."
How to use
1. Wash your face and place pads on top of eyes or other face areas, lie back and relax.
2. Leave pads on for 10~15 minutes and remove.
3. Make sure reseal zipper bag after use. 

Cautions
1. Do not sleep with pads on. Do not reuse pads.
2. If essence get into your eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
3. If skin irritation occurs, discontinue use.

The Packaging

You can clearly see the essence inside and just look at these cute cucumbers! 
The pads come in a very simple and straightforward plastic packaging. I like that you can clearly see the cucumber pads outside. That is actually the reason why I'm drawn to this product. It looks so much cuter than real cucumbers! Another plus point is its handy ziplock for resealing the unused pads. 

only four pads left in this pic
The only thing I dislike about the way this is packaged is the potential unsanitariness. There are ten cucumber pads inside and they are all stuck to each other so you have to separate them with your fingers. Make sure your hands are clean before using this!

My Experience

My bare face after washing my face. This pic was taken outside, early morning after work
First thing first, my eyes. I got hooded, monolid eyes and having eyebags underneath is not a good look. I am very tired when I took the pic below and it shows. Haha! Crossing my fingers and I am really hoping this thing works.

the cucumber pads drenched with the essence
The pads smell like real cucumbers - it has a very fresh, cool scent but even better. I laid down, put these on and tried to take a pic but of course, I can't - hahaha

the only good photo among the ones I managed to take and it's still bad lmao
The pads are soft and made with what I think it is cotton. There is no indication anywhere about what kind of material it is made of. Unlike face masks that cling and adapt to your face, these pads are kind of stiff and hold their shape. Because of that, they kept falling off from my eyes. You should make sure that the pads are soaked with the essence so that it will stay in place.

pic from another time I used the product - the other side is not printed
The instructions clearly state that you should only put this on for 10-15 minutes and to not fall asleep with the pads on. The first time I used this, I fell asleep. Ooops. No harm done though because when I woke up, the pads are not on my eyes. They fell off after drying out. I think they put that caution in to make sure you are vigilant. If the essence gets in your eyes, I think it will hurt a lot! Fortunately, that didn't happen to me. 

There is a very mild tingling sensation - nothing uncomfortable but you feel it and know it's there. The mask felt cool and I didn't even put it in the fridge - very refreshing! However, I did not see any effects on reducing my eyebags.
the pics on the left were taken around 6AM and the pics on the right were taken around 12 noon after I woke up
I have used all pads and I think it has no significant effects at all when it comes to eyebags. My eyes did feel soothed and relaxed so I guess it partly works?

What I like:
*I like the scent
*Ziplock bag
*Relaxing & soothing
*Cute cucumbers
*Doesn't need to be refrigerated

What I dislike:
*No effects on eyebags
*Quite pricey
*Needs lots of essence to stick to your face
*Potentially unsanitary

Repurchase? Nah. I was really looking forward to reducing my dark circles and it did not deliver. These are also quite pricey. There are only ten pads in the bag so each use will cost 17.80 PHP. These did soothe my tired eyes so if that's the only thing you're looking for, then go for it!

I'm on the lookout for better eye products. If you have some suggestions, please comment below!








Check out Purederm: FacebookInstagram
Check me out: TwitterInstagram

Disclaimer: The featured product in this post is not sponsored and bought by my own money. Any judgment given on said product is entirely my own honest and unbiased opinion.